Lemon and Turmeric is an excellent drink for prevention from common colds and maintenance of one’s overall health!
- 1 glass of warm (not boiling) water; you can also use almond or rice milk
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- the juice of ½ a lemon
- a pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- ½ a teaspoon of honey or agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
How to prepare it:
Pour the water/milk in a glass and add the rest of the ingredients to it. Stir everything well. The turmeric will subside to the bottom of the glass, so you have to stir the mixture again right before drinking.
It’s important that you drink it while it’s warm.
All the ingredients contained in this drink are of great importance to one’s overall health.
Read Also: This is How to Know If You’re Eating GMO Potatoes
These are the health benefits of turmeric listed on WebMD website:
- It is used for arthritis, heartburn, stomach pain, diarrhea, intestinal gas, stomach bloating, loss of appetite, jaundice, liver problems and gallbladder disorders.
- It is also used for headaches, bronchitis, lung infections, fibromyalgia, leprosy, fever, menstrual problems, and cancer. Other uses include depression, Alzheimer’s disease, water retention, worms, and kidney problems.
- Some people apply turmeric to the skin for pain, ringworm, bruising, leech bites, eye infections, inflammatory skin conditions, soreness inside of the mouth, and infected wounds.