Do you drink soy milk? The mainstream nutritional guidelines recommend that you should be drinking it. But if you want your own good, you shouldn’t drink soy milk or anything that’s soy. There’s more and more evidence that says that it can affect your health adversely.
Here are 10 factual points why soy milk should not be a part of your diet.
Before we give you these points, you should look at what is contained in it. It has soymilk which is whole soybeans and filtered water. Then it has natural flavor, calcium carbonate, vitamin D2, B12 and Vitamin A Palmitate, sea salt, Riboflavin (vitamin B2), cane sugar and Carrageenan.
So the big concerning points about soy milk are as following:
- Haemagglutinin – Soybeans have this substance. And it can cause clots, which can mean clumping of the red blood cells.
- Plant Estrogens – Phytoestrogens (plant estrogens) have been known to slow down of the endocrine function. They may also cause female infertility and breast cancer, and soy has them.
- Toxic Aluminium – You don’t want to drink soy milk because soy foods have been found to have high levels of toxic aluminium. It can affect your nervous system and kidneys. Alzheimer’s has also been linked to it.
- Antinutrients –Antinutrients are natural toxins, and soybeans have lots of them. In fact, if you drink just 2 glasses of soy milk daily, your menstrual cycle can undergo major changes.
- Soy Protein Isolate – These proteins are bad for your health. They are produced during the production phase after soy proteins pass through very high temperatures. The processing is done to produce textured veggie proteins and soy protein isolate.
- Soy also causes increased need for vitamins B12 and D in your body.
- Toxic Isoflavones – Soy has toxic isoflavones. If you already have breast cancer, never take any form of soy. Isoflavones like genistein and daidzein may cause growth of existing breast cancer (Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2001 Sep;35(9):118-21).
- GMO – Can you guess, which has one of the highest pesticide contaminations? Also, almost 99 percent soy is GMO.
- B12 Deficiency – If you consume soy products, they can cause vitamin B12 deficiency. There is a vitamin B12-like compound in it that cannot be processed by your body.
- Phytic Acid – Our body needs minerals like magnesium, calcium, iron, copper and zinc to function properly and carry out so many vital functions. But soy products and soybeans have high amounts of phytic acid that can prevent the absorption of these minerals.
Many scientific and peer-reviewed surveys have linked food-grade carrageenan with the following problems in lab animals:
- Colon cancer
- Gastrointestinal inflammation
A more recent research on mice (funded by the American Diabetes Association) showed that food-grade carrageenan may cause insulin resistance and glucose intolerance.