Ginger is a common cooking ingredient and a popular home remedy for a plethora of health ailments. This flowering plant abounds in health benefits and is helpful in the treatment of joint pain, stomach issues, muscle soreness, nausea, cramps, and stiffness. It also stimulates stomach emptying, which is especially beneficial for people who suffer from pain and discomfort after eating. For these reasons and many more, this popular plant should be present in every home’s pantry.
However, some might find store-bought ginger quite expensive. What’s more, you can never be entirely sure whether the one you’re buying is truly organic and free of dangerous chemicals. Therefore, the best thing to do is try to grow your own ginger. To do this, you should first buy one either online, from a certified online store, or from a well-known, local source.
How to Grow Your Own Ginger
You will need:
- a ginger root
- good-quality soil
- a pot
- Place the ginger root in a container filled with water and allow it to soak overnight.
- The next morning, put a layer of soil into the pot and place the soaked root. Make sure its eye buds are pointing upwards.
- Put 1-2 inches of soil over the root to cover it.
- Water it thoroughly.
- Place the pot in a warm place, away from sunlight.
- Water it regularly to keep the plant moist. Use a spray bottle to do this.
It will take only several weeks for your plant to start growing.
This way, you will have an endless supply of fresh, healthy ginger, free of any harmful chemicals. Enjoy the many benefits offered by this plant!